5 Important Things to do After a Break-Up
Here’s the second finalist, make sure you come back tomorrow for the other finalist, and next week to vote!
Shared by Katrina.
1. Feel your emotions. It’s okay to be sad or angry. You may even be both. Allow yourself to cry whenever you feel a stream of tears coming on. Cry for a week or two, but no more than one month! Acknowledging your pain is important but don’t lose yourself in it. Try to laugh in-between all of those confusing emotions.
2. Think before you speak. You may want to get a few things off your chest, especially if the break-up was rough, but don’t blab to everyone you know. Before you speak negatively of your ex, think how would I feel if he or she spoke the same way about me? Be respectful of what you once shared.
3. Connect to yourself. Do what you love. Go to the gym, hang out with friends, go to a coffee shop and people watch, travel, learn a new language, do yoga, meditate, play sports. Make a list of all the things you’ve been meaning to do and do it. Fill your days with positive activities that fill you with joy and love. Being productive will also provide a healthy outlet for sadness.
4. Reflect. Take this time being single to look back on the things about your relationship that you liked as well as things you didn’t like. Relationships are a great way to learn about yourself and how you react and connect to another human being. I suggest writing your thoughts down in a notebook. It’s something you will always have to look back on when you want to remember how you were feeling and how you got through a hard time in your life.
5. Get out there. Don’t be afraid to jump back into life without your partner. Take an art class, check out meetup.com for events in your area. Talk to that guy who’s been eyeing you up at the bar, have conversations with people at the gym or at the grocery store. Accept that date once you’re ready. Life is for living. Don’t forget to enjoy it!
Finalist 1: 6 Signs You’re In It For The Long Haul
Finalist 2: 5 Important Things to Do After a Break-Up
Finalist 3: The 21 Types Of Love We Should Hold Out For
To vote, Click Here!