The Perks of Having “You”
1. I can have the shittiest day, and all I have to do is call you and hear your voice to calm me down.
2. Knowing that my presence and absence mean something to somebody.
3. It makes me happy to think that you’re in this relationship because I make you happy and because you want me to be happy too.
4. I can’t explain it word for word, but you just get me. I don’t have to say a million words; you just do.
5. At times when I feel so thankful to have you by my side, I think of ways to better myself in return of my thankfulness.
6. When I’m driving home late at night, and I’m falling asleep on the road, I have you to call on my speed dial.
7. When I have a fight with my mom/sister/friend/colleague/stranger, I could vent all I want and you’ll still be on my side.
8. You make me love myself more. You appreciate all of me, even at times when I can’t even do it myself.
9. I have the capacity to understand and embrace your flaws because you showed me love without changing or forcing me to become what I’m not.
10. You care. You care about whether I had a hearty lunch, about how my cold is getting better or worse, about our future, and about me.
It’s just a really special feeling when I realize that despite all my stubborn faults and flaws, you choose to be by my side.